At Hospice of the Miami Valley, our primary ambition is to bring first-class care to the warmest and most serene environment possible: home. We provide the full spectrum of hospiceservices, thoughtfully tailored to the individual needs of patients and families. As part of the Abode Healthcare family of companies, Hospice of the Miami Valley is grounded in a foundational commitment to providing exceptional patient care and championing our agency leadership and teams. Abode Healthcare operates over forty offices in eleven states with an active pipeline of acquisitions and startups. We are proud to have some of the best and brightest individuals in the healthcare industry on our team. We are confident you will find purpose, meaning and a chance to make a positive impact from day one.
We are seeking a licensed Registered Nurse for a full-time, 7on/7off On-Call Hospice RN position (7-days on/7-days off, evenings from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. ). This position will perform routine and emergency visits as needs arise after hours for our service area of Xenia (Report to office), Springfield, Troy.
Job duties of this rewarding position include:
- Perform routine and emergency visits after hours including weekends
- Initiating patient plan of care and reevaluating as necessary
- Utilizing health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Administering medication and treatment as prescribed by the physician in the plan of care
- Counseling the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Completing and maintaining accurate clinical notes
- Communicating with the physician and participating in interdisciplinary group meetings to meet the medical and emotional needs of the patient and family/caregivers
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school with a current Ohio RN license
- 1 year hospice nursing experience required
- Hospice experience required
- Ability to manage schedule effectively and efficiently