We are seeking a full-time Master Social Worker to provide medical social work services to hospice patients and families for our Xenia, OH location. Job duties of this rewarding position include:
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s illness and communicating findings to the interdisciplinary group
- Carrying out social evaluations and planning interventions based on evaluation findings
- Counseling patients and family as needed
- Assessing for any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family
- Maintaining clinical records on all patients referred to social work
- Participating in the development of the individualized plan of care involving the patient and family, and attending regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings
- Assisting physicians and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues
- Assisting family and patient in planning for funeral arrangements, financial, legal and healthcare decision responsibilities
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of master’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Licensed Social Worker in the state of Ohio
- Minimum of one year experience in health care. Hospice experience preferred.
- Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.